Do not miss these tips to clean a complete laptop . From cleaning the screen and keyboard, to cleaning the inside. Take note!
Emptying the recycle bin doesn’t count as cleaning a laptop, so we’re going to show you how to clean its screen, keyboard, and even the insides. In fact, cleaning your laptop will not only give it a better look and longer life, it will also prevent it from breaking down or losing performance. Know more about screen repair in United States.
How to clean the laptop in depth?
- clean the screen
- clean the keyboard
- clean it inside
How to clean laptop screen?
We can find models with different types of screens, but almost all laptops today have LCD screens , which can be easily damaged if we do not treat them well. If you are going to clean the screen of a laptop, the first thing you have to know is that there are specialized products for this task. They are cheap and will last you for months, so we strongly recommend that you use them as follows: Learn more about screen repair near me in USA.
- Turn off your computer and take a soft , lint-free cloth (microfiber for example) and use it to wipe the dust off the laptop screen.
- Apply the product on the cloth (never on the screen) to slightly moisten it and gently and delicately rub the screen . If you see that any stain resists, the solution is to rub more times and in no case harder.
- After cleaning the laptop screen, allow it to dry completely for a few minutes.
Can I use a glasses cleaner on my laptop screen?
NO. Eyeglass cleaners can contain chemicals that can damage your laptop screen very easily. To clean the screen of a laptop, it is appropriate to use products specifically designed for the task and so indicate in its instructions for use.
Can I use water to clean my laptop screen?
It is not recommended. The water is full of minerals, lime and residues that can damage and leave marks on the laptop screen (especially if we use the tap). Although it is less harmful than using other chemical products, it is not something that we should abuse and whenever we do it, it should be with a very small amount and leaving the surface of the screen completely dry with the cloth.
How to clean laptop keyboard?
Let’s be honest with ourselves, our hands are not always clean when using the laptop (not to mention what happens if we eat while using it). Grease, dust or even hair can get between the key mechanism causing them to fail. This is why cleaning the laptop keyboard regularly can save us more than one headache in the long run.
- Make sure the computer is turned off.
- Open the laptop as if you were going to use it, grip it well and hold it upside down (with the keyboard facing the floor) and shake it lightly very carefully. With this we will remove the larger dirt that could be lodged between the keys. Another possibility to clean the inside of the keys is to use compressed air . The force with which the air comes out manages to displace and eliminate the small residues that are housed between the keys of our laptop.
- Grab a soft-bristled brush to clean loose debris from between your computer keys. There are special brushes that we can find in laptop cleaning packs, although if we don’t have any we can use a fine paint brush. Focus on cleaning the gap between the keycap and the frame, as this is where most of the dust collects.
- Clean the keys with a microfiber cloth slightly dampened with the same product used to clean the computer screen. If you don’t have a specialized product, you can use water or even a little alcohol, but be very careful not to make the cloth too wet.
- Remove any remaining moisture with a cloth and let it dry for a few minutes before turning it on again.
How to disinfect a laptop keyboard
If once you have the keyboard of your laptop clean, you want to disinfect it from germs and bacteria, you can do it with alcohol or with disinfectant products for surfaces (not for skins). The process is the same, apply the product on a microfiber cloth and gently rub the keys.
Can I vacuum my laptop keyboard?
Yes, but with caution. Cleaning the keyboard of a laptop with a high-powered vacuum cleaner, the kind used for floors or sofas, is not a good idea. However, if we have a small vacuum cleaner with less power, one of those used to clean cars, we can use it to remove pieces that have resisted all the previous steps.
How to clean the laptop inside?
Do not venture to clean a laptop inside if you have no experience with computers or do not know what you are doing. In fact, if your laptop is new, we recommend that you do not do it, as you could lose the warranty depending on the manufacturer. With this, we do not intend to scare you, in fact if it is done well it is not difficult to clean a laptop from the inside, you just have to be especially careful.
To clean a laptop inside, you will need a special compressed air canister for electronic components. They are easy to find, at hardware or computer stores.
- Turn off the laptop and unplug it from any power source.
- Lay it face down on a cloth so it doesn’t slip or get scratched.
- Unscrew the bottom panel of the laptop, it can be a single piece or several depending on the model and brand.
- Find the cooling fan and blast the compressed air out of the canister to remove any dust it may have.
- You can do the same with the rest of the components on the back of the computer if they are dusty or dirty, as long as you handle them carefully and leave everything connected as it was.
- When everything is clean, screw the bottom panel of the laptop back on.
How often should you clean the inside of your laptop?
Once the warranty period has passed, it is recommended to clean the laptop inside at least every six months . Dust and small particles that can be sucked into the laptop by the fans affect airflow and cause the laptop to run hotter, affecting performance and lifespan.
We hope you have been able to follow each of our tips step by step to clean your laptop and leave it as good as new . If so, don’t forget to give us five stars and visit us every time you need to clean your laptop. Until next time!